01. Tina had just watered the flowers when Ali came. From this sentence we may conclude that ....
(A) Ali didn‟t see Tina watering the flowers
(B) Ali came at the time Tina was watering the flowers
(C) Ali was watching Tina watering the flowers
(D) Ali would come when Tina finished wa-tering the flowers
(E) Ali had come before Tina watered the flowers
02. Iwan, the national tennis champion .... tennis since he was nine.
(B) has been playing
(D) is playing
(E) has played
03. All the students had just left the classroom when the mathematics teacher came in. From this sentences was may conclude that ....
(A) the students came late for the mathe-matics class
(B) the teacher cancelled the mathematics class
(C) the mathematics class started late that day
(D) there was no mathematics class that day
(E) the teacher asked the students to leave the class
04. All these years, Ira‟s family .... in poverty
(B) has been living
(C) had lived
(D) was living
05. Have the boys had theirs breakfast?
Not yet they ....
(A) have taken a bath
(B) are still taking a bath
(C) will take a bath
(D) were taking a bath
(E) would still take a bath
06. My firend said, “I have never seen such a good film”. From the above statement we may conclude that ....
(A) it was the first time he went to see a film
(B) he seldom went to good movies
(C) this it the best film he has ever seen
(D) the film he saw was a bad one
(E) he has never seen bad films before
07. „I‟d never seen Panda bear until I visited the London Zoo‟ means: ....
(A) I didn‟t go to london zoo until I saw a Panda bear
(B) I visited the London zoo until I saw a Panda bear
(C) I saw a Panda bear for the first time in the London zoo
(D) I didn‟t see a Panda bear when I visited the london zoo
(E) When I entered a London zoo I imme-diately saw a Panda bear
09. „How long has he been the principal of our school?‟
„Since I .... this school‟
(A) was entering
(B) have entered
(C) had entered
(E) had been entering
10. I can lend you the book next week because by that time I .... reading it.
(A) will be finishing
(B) have finished
(C) am finishing
(D) will have finished
(E) would finish
11. We haven‟t heard from Didi for such a long time.
„We have‟t either. since he .... to Dili.‟
(C) was moving
(D) has moved
(E) had moved
12. The bus came after I .... for about twenty minutes.
(A) have been waiting
(B) have waited
(C) am waiting
(D) had been waiting
(E) was waiting
13. „The Antropogist has been studying that tribe for the last five years‟ means: He .... that tribe
(B) was studied
(C) was studying
(D) had studied
(E) is still studying
14. When you arrive on the 6th floor, give my note to the secretary and she .... you to my office.
(B) to direct
(D) will direct
15. „I forgot to return this book to the library last week.‟
„Well. I am afraid you .... a fine when you return it.‟
(A) had to pay
(B) having to pay
(C) have had to pay
(D) will have to pay
(E) had to pay
16. When did the farmer find that ancient tool?
When he .... his field
(A) was ploughing
(B) has ploughed
(C) had ploughed
(D) is ploughing
(E) has been ploughing
18. “What is your plan for this weekend?”
“I .... my brother.”
(A) will have visited
(B) have visited
(C) will have been visiting
(E) will visit
20. Did you see the children when you came home this afternoon?
No, they .... their teacher in priok
(B) had visited
(C) to visit
(D) were visiting
(E) would have visited
21. „ our football team had never won until we got a new coach.
The above sentence means ....
(A) Our football team was able to win after we got a new coach
(B) Our Football team used to win before the new coach came
(C) Although we got a new coach, we have never won
(D) Even before the new coach came, our footballteam has always won
(E) Ever since the coach came, out football team has always been defeated
23. Since when hasn‟t she been feeling well?
Since she .... from Singapore
(B) has returned
(C) was returning
(D) has returned
(E) has been returning
24. When did you had lost your purse?
When I .... money to pay the bus fare.
(A) was needing
(C) had needed
(D) have needed
(E) am needing
25. I didn‟t hear the thunder during the storm last night because I .... soundly.
(A) have been sleeping
(C) am sleeping
(D) was sleeping
(E) have slept
26. What are you looking for?
My wallet: I don‟t know where I .... it‟.
(A) have been putting
(B) am putting
(C) had put
(D) was putting
(E) have put
27. Anwar was promoted president of your company lasr week. wasn‟t he?
„I‟m glad he was, he .... in this company for years.
(A) had worked
(B) has been working
(C) was working
(D) would work
28. So you have finished typing those letters! When did you do it? When you the meeting
(A) were attending
(C) have antended
(E) had attended
29. Several hotels in this region are closing down
That‟s because tourism it self since last year
(A) is declining
(B) had declined
(D) was declining
(E) has been declining
30. While living in Bogor we always go to school on foot.
This means that we on foot while we were living in Bogor.
(A) go to school
(B) are going to school
(C) used go to school
(D) are used to go to school
(E) liked going to school
31. After she had already signed a year‟s for the house. she found another that she liked much better.
From the above sentence we may conclude that
(A) she had to stay at the house for which she had paid the rent
(B) she found it more profitable to stay in the house she liked better
(C) she signed a year‟s rent for the house although she did not like it
(D) she decided to cancel the house which she had already rented
(E) she signed a year‟s rent for the house she liked much better
32. We don‟t have to return to the book tomor-row, but he ....